[OPF List] some quotes that explain why things are the way that they are

Gary Hunt hunt at outpost-of-freedom.com
Mon Aug 30 09:49:28 HST 2010

Some quotes from Edward Bernays (1891-11-22 - 1995-03-09) was an
Austrian-born American publicist, sometimes called "the father of public
relations".

*   The three main elements of public relations are practically as old
as society: informing people, persuading people, or integrating people
with people. Of course, the means and methods of accomplishing these
ends have changed as society has changed.

*  Crystallizing Public Opinion (1961)

*   It is sometimes possible to change the attitudes of millions but
impossible to change the attitude of one man.

*  Quoted in L. Tye The Father of Spin (1998) p. 102

*   For the same reason I read the National Geographic, I like to see
places I will never visit.

*  Quoted in L. Tye The Father of Spin (1998) p. 102

*  On why he read Playboy

*   The best place to find things: the public library.

*  Quoted in L. Tye The Father of Spin (1998) p. 102

*   The best defense against propaganda: more propaganda.

*  Quoted in L. Tye The Father of Spin (1998) p. 102

*

From: http://www.bookrags.com/quotes/Edward_Bernays