[OPF List] US Registrar Yanks WikiLeaks Domain

Dusty OPFreader at oneamericanpatriot.com
Sun Dec 5 14:22:44 HST 2010

G'day all;

  _____

From: opf-bounces at oneamericanpatriot.com
[mailto:opf-bounces at oneamericanpatriot.com] On Behalf Of Trey Tasker
Sent: Sunday, 05 December, 2010 09:33
To: Outpost Of Freedom
Subject: Re: [OPF List] US Registrar Yanks WikiLeaks Domain

Dusty:

It appears that a private company dropped the site.  The title of the
article is misleading.  It means that a company in the US dropped to site,
not that the US government had a role.  There is nothing in the story that
suggests that the government was involved in the decision.

We agree completely...and that would be what I wrote, did I not...?

Gary's commentary reflects his opinion, and there are no facts in the story
that support the theory of the government's involvement in restricting free
speech.

Exactly what I said, did I not?

Since the owner of the domain name can do as they please with their
property, removing the site is not a free speech issue any more than it
would for Moose to kick out a member of our group.  They provider is small
company that is managing their risk carefully by stepping out of this
fracas.

Pretty well what I said as well, did I not?  I have only one nit to pick,
and that is that the registrar does not "own" the domain name, the person
that used their service to register that name owns it.  They can take and
shop that name to anybody that'll take their money in exchange for
broadcasting their IP addy.

L8r all,

Dusty

-- "Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth
who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong." - Thomas Jefferson
(Notes on Virginia, 1782)

  _____