[OPF List] US Registrar Yanks WikiLeaks Domain

Trey Tasker TTasker at McGriff.com
Sun Dec 5 19:37:54 HST 2010

Dusty:

Many of your points were stated as questions, so I thought you were looking for more information... hence, the repetition.

Thanks for the clarification on the ownership of the domain name.

We are in agreement.

Regards,
Trey

________________________________

From: opf-bounces at oneamericanpatriot.com on behalf of Dusty
Sent: Sun 12/5/2010 7:22 PM
To: 'Outpost Of Freedom'
Subject: Re: [OPF List] US Registrar Yanks WikiLeaks Domain

G'day all;

________________________________

From: opf-bounces at oneamericanpatriot.com [mailto:opf-bounces at oneamericanpatriot.com] On Behalf Of Trey Tasker
Sent: Sunday, 05 December, 2010 09:33
To: Outpost Of Freedom

Dusty:

It appears that a private company dropped the site.  The title of the article is misleading.  It means that a company in the US dropped to site, not that the US government had a role.  There is nothing in the story that suggests that the government was involved in the decision.

We agree completely...and that would be what I wrote, did I not...?

Gary's commentary reflects his opinion, and there are no facts in the story that support the theory of the government's involvement in restricting free speech.

Exactly what I said, did I not?

Since the owner of the domain name can do as they please with their property, removing the site is not a free speech issue any more than it would for Moose to kick out a member of our group.  They provider is small company that is managing their risk carefully by stepping out of this fracas.

Pretty well what I said as well, did I not?  I have only one nit to pick, and that is that the registrar does not "own" the domain name, the person that used their service to register that name owns it.  They can take and shop that name to anybody that'll take their money in exchange for broadcasting their IP addy.

L8r all,

Dusty

-- "Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong." - Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782)