[OPF List] Habeas Corpus -- what does it mean?

Bill M. billmay at wvi.com
Tue Dec 7 16:17:36 HST 2010

The 14th was to extend the right of territorial due process rights and fed citizenship to negroes, who although no longer owned by whites, were not citizens and endowed with any rights.

It is actually unconstitutional to impose fed citizenship upon a white state born person.

"The fourteenth amendment creates and defines citizenship of the United States." United States v. Anthony, 24 Fed. Cas. 829 (1873)

"This court declared in the Slaughter-House cases that the Fourteenth Amendment as well as the Thirteenth and Fifteenth were adopted to protect the negroes in their freedom." Madden v. Kentucky 309 US 83 (1940).

"The rights of Citizens of the State, as such, are not under consideration in the Fourteenth Amendment. They stand as they did before the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, and are fully guaranteed by other provisions." United States v. Anthony: 24 Fed. Cas. 829, 830 (Case No. 14,459) [1873]. This means white citizens and the other provisions are the individual state constitutions.

"Both before and after the Fourteenth Amendment to the federal Constitution, it has not been necessary for a person to be a citizen of the United States in order to be a citizen of his state. United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542, 549 (1875);