[OPF List] Independence Day 2013

Gary Hunt hunt at outpost-of-freedom.com
Fri Jul 5 03:48:00 KST 2013

Independence Day 2013

Gary Hunt
Outpost of Freedom
July 4, 2013 - Independence Day

This day has come to commemorate one of the greatest events in human
history.  That event, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, pales
in importance to what followed.

The road to independence began 10 years prior to that date when the
colonists first began resisting the imposition of regulation and taxation by
the British government.

The sincerity of the commitment of the colonists was demonstrated 15 months
prior to that date, when colonists resisted British troops on April 19,
1775.

Then the colonies, acting on behalf of their citizens, formally declared
separation from Great Britain, on July 4, 1776.

This, however, was just the beginning of this greatest event in human
history.  It wasn't until 11 years later, that representatives of the people
of the various colonies came together, without political parties and only
regional special interests, and, working with a clean slate, began to create
the first, and only, government in the world that was truly created by the
people, through their representatives, without the need for haste.

This absence of the necessity of haste makes this event unique.  Other
countries, immediately after the throes of the revolution, must establish a
government as quickly as possible.  In so doing, the powers that be, the
influence of those who have led the use of force, have undue influence over
what form of government that country will be bound by.

When we celebrate the 4th of July, we should keep in mind our obligation to
continue that noble experiment, unique in the world, and commit ourselves to
restoring that government to its proper relationship with the People.

By whatever means necessary, our goal was set 237 years ago, we must, for
the sake of our posterity, obligate ourselves, and our lives, to that
purpose.

on line Independence Day 2013
<http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=716>

Gary Hunt
 <http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/> Outpost of Freedom

The past is infinitely important. However, it pales in importance to the
future.