[OPF List] The Bundy Affair - Oath Keepers vs. Militia - Part II

Gary Hunt hunt at outpost-of-freedom.com
Wed Apr 30 01:39:34 JST 2014

The Bundy Affair - Oath Keepers vs. Militia - Part II

Gary Hunt
Outpost of Freedom
April 29, 2014

In these past few weeks, we have seen history unfolding right before our
very eyes.  Events in Bunkerville, Nevada, have been watched on the evening
news throughout the country, and quite possibly, around the world.  For the
first time in a century and a half, Americans stood, defiant, ready to go to
the wall, against the government, or at least one of her administrative
agencies, to assure that the erosion of our liberties ceases, and we begin
to restore our rights to what our forefathers intended.

>From a people rather complacent for most of their lives comes a new test not
unlike that which the Founders faced back in 1774 -- the determination of
who is on our side and who is not; who is committed and who is not; who is
willing to give his life for a cause that he believes in and who is not, and
that what this story is about.

Recent events in Bunkerville portray that test in vivid and sensational
detail.  I give a chronology to these events, and they will be presented in
Pacific Daylight Time, regardless of the local time where some of them
occurred.  This is to insure continuity, and that the sequence is properly
portrayed.

At about 2:30 pm, Friday April 25, 2014, Mr. X received a call from an
associate.  This call would provide for some interesting disclosure over the
next 6 hours.  The associate is described as a fellow participant in Open
Source Intelligence, a nuclear physicist, a Democrat, a higher-ranking
military officer, and that held a "Yankee White" security clearance.

I spent nearly an hour going over the details with Mr. X, to whom I have
promised confidentiality.  I am fully satisfied as to the veracity of what
he told me.  Though I did ask him if it would be possible to talk with the
associate, with a guarantee of anonymity, he assured me that this would not
be possible, as was made clear by the associate.  I then asked him if Oath
Keepers had asked if they could interview his source.  His answer was, no
they did not.  This, to me, is a rather curious omission, even though the
answer would be anticipated to be as it was -- so much for the intelligence
gathering ability of Oath Keepers, but, hey, I'm just a reporter.  What
would I know?

The story related in the conversation between Mr. X and the associate is
that the associate had received information from a source he knew in the
Defense Department (DOD).  The source at DOD said that they had received
orders from Eric Holder, of the Justice Department, to conduct drone
surveillance of the Bundy property and to conduct a hot drone strike on the
ranch and those on or around it.  This was to occur within between 24 to 48
hours, and that there were to be no witnesses nor would any videos be
allowed to leave the area.

Mr. X was quite shaken by what he had heard and expressed those concerns
back at the associate.  Wouldn't this be going too far in the eyes of the
public?  Answer: They are prepared to deal with that.  There is no way that
this could be covered up.  Response: They are prepared for that.  It was
suggested that this would lead to martial law based upon authority provided
for in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).  He was also told that
the justification for the strike was based upon Harry Reid's assertion that
Bundy and those supporting him were "Domestic Terrorists".  To each of Mr.
X's queries, similar answers were provided to justify the story being
conveyed.

Mr. X was, to say the least, perplexed and did not know what to do with this
information.  By about 3:00 pm, he contacted Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers.
Rhodes, upon receipt of this information wisely dispatched Wes (aka "Mac",
Oath Keepers Intelligence Officer, about 6' tall, older gentleman, prior
Special Forces operator, driving a silver pickup truck) and Michelle to meet
with Mr. X. and 'vett' him to determine whether he was sincere and to make
an evaluation of the story.

Jumping ahead to 8:03 pm, John Jacob Schmidt, Radio Free Redoubt,
interviewed Rhodes and other Oath Keepers
<http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/library/DRONESTRIKEALERT.mp3>  (21'18")
regarding this story.  Rhodes, justifiably, pointed out that the vetting had
convinced him that the source (Mr. X) was sincere, though there was no way
of verifying Mr. X's source.  Rhodes said that there was a risk to his
credibility by putting this out, but since there was a concern for human
lives, the story must be gotten out.  Rhodes also pointed out, in releasing
the story, that he was not going to "let my people die on my watch" and to
"err on the side of caution for my guys."  Of course, the advertisement at
the end of the radio interview was an enlistment ad for Oath Keepers.

Let me return to my interview with Mr. X.  We discussed potential scenarios
that might occur, considering the strike and its ramifications.  Presuming
the government had drone surveillance, and wanted to assure maximum effect,
they would have a containment team to prevent any attempt of any of people
to leave the area, as they did in Waco, where only those who came out in
view of the cameras came out alive.  They would have to insure meeting the
objective of the strike -- all personnel dead and evidence destroyed.  As
Rhodes pointed out, they would need a follow on team, though he didn't
address containment.  That follow on team could surely serve as the
containment team prior, and the follow on team subsequent, to the strike.
We also discussed the ramifications -- the effect on the American, and
world, public, should such a strike occur.  We all know how even the
Mainstream Media (MSM) reacted to the directed drone strikes that killed two
American citizens in Yemen, even though they had sided with our 'enemy'.
What would be the consequence of a general, indiscriminate, attack on men,
women, and children, on American Soil, for merely resisting the enforcement
of an agency rule to "rustle" Bundy's cattle?  No shots fired, no deaths, or
even injuries.  Would the public stand for it, and would Congressmen, even
Democrats, scramble to condemn the action?  Would a hundred million
Americans realize that the government had gone berserk?  Would they then
flock to the cause of those who would resist such tyranny?  Even MSM might
even turn, drastically, against the administration.  Would Jay Carney have
trouble attempting to justify such action?

The probability of such an action is, at least, remote, and such
intelligence should be used only within the confines of the current
operations at the Bundy Ranch, rather than risk ridicule, when precautions
could easily be taken, without public notice of such a threat?

Returning to the time line of events, we now go back to the Ranch to see
what activity occurred because of this threat.  At between 5:00 and 6:00 pm,
Oath Keepers at the ranch began packing up their gear.  At about 8:00 pm,
about the time of the radio interview, Rhodes used the internal
communication system and notified the Oath Keepers that they should move
out.  By 8:30 pm, 30-40 Oath Keepers in the encampment had moved out, as had
the Oath Keepers command circle.  Only about 5 Oath Keepers remained at the
ranch to protect the Bundy family and property.  Where did the others go?
To the Virgin River Motel, possibly at the expense of the contributions sent
to Oath Keepers, contributions having been made to provide protection for
the Bundys, not for luxurious comforts for those who had abandoned their
posts.

Later that evening (exact time unknown) a conference call was made between
State Representative Michelle Fiore, Stewart Rhodes, Pete Santilli (patriot
videographer), Booda Bear (Personal Security Detail for the Bundy family),
Ryan Payne, Militia Liaison, and LTC Potter (who states, "I am a former US
Army LTC of 28 years.  I served in various Military Police and Military
Intelligence positions around the globe.  I was also a municipal police
officer for about 3 years.  I bring my unique experience, training,
education, and spiritual insights to bear in analyzing important issues and
trends in the U.S. and the world.").  The result of the conversation was to
request that Representative Fiore contact the Governor and request the
State's support, independent of the militia, to provide protection for those
Americans on the ground at the ranch.  To date, there has been no response
from the Governor.

So, let's put a bit of perspective on what can be deduced by the actions of
some of the players in these events.

First, as explained in my article,
<http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/Vortex.htm> Vortex, if the government
wants to disrupt or bring ridicule on the patriot community, it would choose
an innocent patriot who they hoped would be likely to spread the story,
indiscriminately, throughout the patriot community.  However, the chosen
conduit, the Vortex, had enough sense to provide the information,
discretely, to someone he respected, hence the message going to Oath
Keepers.  Oath Keepers could have contained the story and still benefitted,
in every way, by preparing for that eventuality.  Instead, they chose to go
public with it, for reasons unknown.

The Oath Keeper mission, "to not obey unconstitutional orders", had, by
their participation at the ranch, extended to "protecting the Bundy family".
They also declare that their purpose includes "education".  Now, if their
mission is to protect the Bundy Family, just how far does that go?  Given
the choice of fulfilling their mission, by removing the Bundys, by force, if
necessary, or holding their ground against the 'enemy", they chose to
abandon that mission, for their own protection.  Being that their membership
is largely Law Enforcement, it appears that they have also adopted the
"Officer Safety" principle adhered to by Law Enforcement to justify killing
unarmed civilians.  In this instance, the outcome would have been the same,
had the strike occurred.  In military parlance, this would be tantamount to
desertion under fire.  I can only suggest that the purpose for going public
with the story was to justify their withdrawal, after the beating that they
have recently taken as a result of an article,
<http://outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=826> The Bundy Affair - Oathkeepers
vs. Militia, wherein one of their officers, in the comments section, is
unable to address some of the concerns raised.

Various discussions around the Internet have also brought their true role
and purpose at the Bundy Ranch into question.  I won't suggest that this
event, the drone strike, may have been a setup by the Oath Keepers to bow
out gracefully, as I don't believe that they would stoop that low.  However,
I can only wonder why those stalwart militiamen held their ground, while the
professed bearers of the torch chose to flee.  Not quite like the roles
played in the American Revolutionary War, where militia fled and the trained
soldiers held their ground -- to the last extremity.

Now, some have suggested that this controversy between militia and Oath
Keepers has caused division in the patriot community.  I am inclined to see
this in a different light, in that, in these times, we must separate the
voices from the action; Those who will stand, and those who will not; those
who are true patriots, and those who only mouth those words.

Epilogue: Yesterday, the militia command structure, which is a shared
command rather than top down, held a Coalition meeting to provide insight
into why Oath Keepers, with the exception of those few who stood their
ground like real patriots, were deemed persona non grata, by those who still
stand their ground, and truly honor their oaths.  Coalition Meeting of April
28 - caution, language <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkPTFdotLSo> .

Finally, a Salute to all true Americans that seek a return to the government
intended by the Constitution.

This article can be found on line at
<http://outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=828> The Bundy Affair - Oath Keepers
vs. Militia - Part II

Gary Hunt
 <http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/> Outpost of Freedom

The past is infinitely important. However, it pales in importance to the
future.